Thursday, March 08, 2018

Selling Out has been Amazing!


I have been delving into the world of Docker and Containers on both Linux and Microsoft Windows. I was listening to a podcast that recommended the Youtube video, "Containers aka crazy user space fun" that records Jessie Frazelle's keynote at Linux Conf in Australia. At about 1:50 into the video she stated, "who am I?...I work at Microsoft...selling out has been amazing!" There was laughter from this Linux crowd and she continued on to give a great and informative talk on Linux Containers. Typically, selling out is a bad thing and Jessie Frazelle obviously did not mean it in a negative way. On a side note I love that Microsoft loves Linux and I am sure that has resulted in a great working experience for Jessie. Contrary to the populist view that all corporations are evil, this goes to show that companies can...and some do change.

No comments: