Thursday, July 01, 2010

Ubuntu Lucid Lynx DVD Watching...ba da bing, ba da boom

Got my new Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage movie DVD the other day. I wanted to watch it on my Ubuntu Desktop. Alas, I did not have the proper libraries loaded. Solution, query the smart and generous Ubuntu community. A quick search yielded How to play video dvd Movies in Ubnutu 10.04 Lucid Lynx.
 
In short, do the following from the terminal prompt:
$ sudo wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list
$ sudo apt-get --quiet update
$ sudo apt-get --yes --quiet --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring
$ sudo apt-get --quiet update
 
And, ba da bing, ba da boom...I was watching the DVD on my Ubuntu Desktop.

Posted via email from Mark's Musings

No comments: