Saturday, January 23, 2016

What Code Should You Learn?




I have been teaching a Visual Basic.Net class at a local university, Northern Kentucky University, both last and this semester.

I just posted this announcement to the students:
 
I got an email this morning that contained a link to an infographic that I though might interest you concerning what programming languages should one learn and what the job market is for that language. Here is the link:http://wiht.link/learncodeguide.

While Visual Basic.Net (VB.Net) is not mentioned specifically, ASP.Net Active Server Pages.Net is highlighted. As stated in that section of the infographic, "You can mix and match programming languages within ASP.NET...." VB.Net is one of those languages. Also, note that the average annual salary for ASP.Net developers is among the highest :-) As I always say to co-workers and students, "Let's write some code!"

No comments: