Wednesday, October 18, 2006

An Open Source Team

As I have moved from the .Net team (yet I still have .Net apps I am modifying in my own small business) to the J2EE team at work (day job), I have been busy learning more about the commercial financial software we sell and the inner workings of J2EE.

One thing I am thankful for is a group of co-workers who do not hold their knowledge close to themselves but are ready and willing to share and teach. When I have a question, they are helpful and provide the needed information. Moreover, they have an array of tips and tricks that they provide.

That is the core of a successful team. When members understand that by sharing information, they open themselves up to receive more knowledge. It has been my experience that the more knowledge I share the more I learn.

No comments: