If you haven't followed the development releases, here are a few highlights of what's new, as compared to NUnit 2.2:
* NUnit 2.2.4 runs under .Net 2.0 and works with VS2005. If you work exclusively with .Net 2.0, you can download a version that is actually built with that framework version, which eliminates dealing with the config file.
* You can run tests built against older versions - 2.0 or later - of NUnit without recompiling. As a bonus, you can run tests built against CSUnit without recompiling.
* A number of new Asserts and Attributes have been added. It is now much easier to create your own custom Asserts while still taking advantage of NUnit's built-in error message formatting.
* An extensibility mechanism allows you to define your own attributes for test fixtures and cases that behave in non-standard ways. [This feature is Still a bit experimental, and will appear in final form in the 2.4 release.
* Documentation is substantially improved and is provided as a set of html files. The packaged documentation includes only version-specific details, with info that may change over time, such as contacts, kept on the web site.
You can read the full release notes at http://nunit.com/testweb/index.php?p=releaseNotes&r=2.2.4. Note that the nunit.org site has not yet been updated to reflect this release.
You can download NUnit 2.2.4 at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10749
Saturday, December 17, 2005
NUnit 2.2.4 Released!!
Just got an e-mail within the Test Driven Development Yahoo Group from Charlie Poole concerning the release of NUnit 2.2.4: